This Progressive Energy & Environment Congress is designed to help participants learn how reducing energy consumption can lead to higher profits by decreasing operational costs and the ways in which energy certificates, greenhouse gas credits and carbon offsetting can be optimized to obtain immediate benefits.
The congress program features:
- A range of concurrent sessions with in-depth presentations on key issues
- Case studies from experts detailing practical advice and successful strategies
- Highly interactive workshop sessions with Q&A peer advice
- Panel discussions
Speakers at this year's event include:
- Greg G. Williams, Director, SH&E Performance Assurance & Process Innovation Global Policy & Strategy, MeadWestvaco
- Douglas Kaempf, Director of Renewable Energy, U. S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- David Hitchings, Director GreeNG, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Steve Wolfe, Head of Energy Management, Adams County / Ohio Valley Schools
- Karen Heyob, Associate Chief Engineer (Environmental), Honda of America Manufacturing Inc.
- Ray Ratheal, Director, Energy Policy & Planning, Eastman Chemical Company
- David Meade, Associate Director, Energy Strategy and Policy, Praxair Inc.
- David Freedman, Director, Engineering & Construction, Georgia Department of Natural Resources
- Melissa Vernon, Director of Sustainable Strategy, InterfaceFLOR
- Dennis Wolcott, Corporate Energy Manager, Parker Hannifin Corporation
"The best feature of the congress was really the interaction with a variety of companies and people that were here. Really, the perfect target audience with what we were trying to accomplish by coming here. We made great contacts in the industry, the right people at the right company," said Yann Brandt, Vice President from Advanced Green Technologies Inc. after attending the 2008 Progressive Energy & Environment Congress.